The 24th Battalion was an infantry battalion of the Australian Army. Originally raised in 1915 for For other uses, see Battalion (Australia).
The original AIF colour patch was issued to the 2 / 24th Battalion when it was formed as part of the 7th Division in Its format was the same as for the First AIF.
The Battalion was eventually attached to the 9th Australian Division, one of the most famous army fighting formations in World War 2. They served in Tobruk.